From the Fitbit Blog
Today is an exciting day for Fitbit, and we’re so happy to share this news with you, our fans. Today we unveiled three new activity and sleep-tracking products: Fitbit Charge, Fitbit Charge HR and Fitbit Surge. Continuing our mission to inspire people to lead healthier, more active lives, we’re releasing these three new innovative devices to help reach everyday, active or performance health and fitness goals.
So let’s take an in-depth look at each new product.
[su_youtube url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVdsBo1GDN4″ width=”860″ height=”480″ autoplay=”no”]
Fitbit Charge features…
- Accurate tracking of steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned and floors climbed
- A bright, OLED display showing time of day and real-time stats
- Automatic sleep detection monitors sleep quality using motion analysis to understand sleep and wake times; also features a silent, vibrating alarm
- Caller ID to helps users stay connected to incoming calls; the wristband vibrates and shows the caller’s name or number when a smartphone is nearby
- Exercise tracking to easily record workouts, see real-time exercise stats and have summaries appear automatically on the Fitbit dashboard
- A high-quality, water-resistant, comfortable new textured wristband design with an improved clasp
- Up to 7 days of battery life
Fitbit Charge HR (early 2015)
[su_youtube url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aunF4Sog_UQ” width=”860″ height=”480″]
- Continuous 24/7 heart rate right on the wrist to get more accurate all-day calorie burn, reach target workout intensity and maximize training
- All-day insights into overall heart health including resting heart rate and heart rate trends, alongside stats like steps, distance, floors climbed, calories and active minutes
- Up to 5 days of battery life – Charge HR is specially designed with battery efficient technology, so you can spend more time tracking and less time charging
Fitbit Surge (early 2015)
[su_youtube url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3S3cNv0ntE” width=”860″ height=”480″]
Surge is Fitbit’s most advanced tracker to date: a sleek ‘Fitness Super Watch,’ designed for those looking for peak performance. Featuring 8-sensor technology that combines all-day fitness tracking with GPS, heart rate monitoring and smartwatch functionality, Surge is ideal for users committed to training, dedicated to health and consistently looking to improve progress.
Surge includes all the breakthrough features of Charge and Charge HR, plus:
- Built-in GPS delivers stats like pace, distance, elevation, split times, route history and workout summaries for smarter training
- Records multi-sport activities like running, cross-training and strength workouts; see comprehensive summaries with tailored metrics, workout intensity and calories burned
- Smartwatch features including Caller ID, text alerts and mobile music control let users train smarter and stay focused right from the wrist
- Eight sensors—3-axis accelerometers, gyroscope, compass, ambient light sensor, GPS and heart rate—working harmoniously to give users the most advanced tracking in the thinnest, lightest design on the market
- Backlit LCD touch screen display with customizable watch faces, makes it easy to navigate through real-time stats, workout apps, sleep and alarms
- Up to 7 days of battery life – Surge is specially designed with battery efficient technology, so you can track a work week or a marathon on just one charge
Find Your Fit
Here’s our handy product comparison page that is a great resource for finding your ideal Fitbit tracker.
Plus, we’re incredibly excited to announce that the Fitbit API will provide access to the all-day heart rate and GPS data from these devices. To find out more, log in to your Fitbit account and jump over to this community forum.
Fitbit Charge is available now on Fitbit.com for $129.95, and you can find it in retailers nationwide. Charge debuts in black and slate colors, with blue and burgundy coming soon.
Fitbit Charge HR will be available in early 2015 in black and plum for $149.95, with blue and tangerine colors coming soon. And Fitbit Surge will also be available in early 2015 in black for $249.95, with blue and tangerine coming soon after.
We’ll have lots more on Fitbit Charge this week and all next month, and stay tuned for more in-depth looks at Charge HR and Surge in the coming months!